Work Site Tours – Experiential Learning
The Work Site Tours & Internship Committee plans, organizes, and executes industry experiences for Juniors. A glimpse into the professional workplace.
Why is this important?
- Your workplace is exciting to a young person.
- Great career exploration activity.
- Great networking with business leaders.
- Great social skills activity.
- An innovative way to learn about various career paths.
- Crooms is a member of NAF – National Academy Foundation.
- Great Segway to the Internship Program.
What’s in it for you?
- Young people are very interesting and fun to work with.
- Young people are excited to learn about your career path and your journey.
- You do make a difference for our students.
- You model professionalism and excitement about your company/career.
- It’s a great way to give back to the community.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Contact the BAC Liaison 407-320-5749.
Internship – The World of Work
The Internship Program is a cooperative education program that offers course credit with paid, productive real-world work experience. The Crooms AoIT Internship Program job is IT related and students will earn the National Academy Foundation Certificate. This program offers many educational, financial and career-building benefits. For more information, contact Mrs. Erin Millwater, Internship Coordinator 407-320-5730, Millwaer@scps.k12.fl.us
- Students 10th – 12th grade must be eligible and apply for the program.
- Schedule a minimum of 150 working hours for the student to earn full credit.
- Interns must be “compensated”.
- Students must be assigned to a supervisor.
- Timecard and evaluations must be submitted each marking period.
- Students must meet with the Internship Coordinator to get enrolled.
- Connect with the Internship Coordinator to sign up to participate.
- Attend an employer training.
- Provide a job description for the internship experience.
- Completed the required paperwork.
- Provide guidance and training for the position/experience.
- Provide the required number of hours and “compensation”.
- Be a role model – lead by example.