The Curriculum Committee is responsible for assisting in the process of bringing business men and women into the classroom to enlighten students with knowledge of what the workplace is and is not like. This is done through several programs explained below.
We have many opportunities throughout the year where we welcome guests to come in and share their experiences and expertise. Several areas where we recruit speakers:
- Teach-In Day (2nd Tuesday in Nov.)
- TechFest Event
- Career-Related (WBL) Programs through the partnership of Junior Achievement
* JA trains and provides curriculum materials for our volunteers.
Career Related Programs
All programs are made possible for the students of Crooms Academy by the BAC’s partnership with Junior Achievement.
- Success Skills Program (9th Grade): In this ﬁve week program, business partners introduce the world of work.
- Enhanced Success Skills Program (10th Grade): This ﬁve week program, business partners continue where the Success Skills program end. Students complete the program with a resume to use for their professional portfolio.
Do you enjoy working one-on-one with a student? Can you commit about four hours a month to a student? The Mentoring Program is a great program where you can impact the life of a high school student.
Our mentors provide guidance, career exploration, academic assistance, post secondary education planning and personal development. If you are interested in becoming a mentor you must:
- Attend a two hour training and get ﬁngerprinted with SCPS
- Complete an SCPS Dividend application
Please contact the Curriculum Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org more information.